2015 Cook-off Winners!
1st Jay Breaux and Ruebin Sandberg (Smoked Turkey Neck, Chicken Gizzards, Tasso & Andouille)
2nd Thad Duplechin from “Y”ALL SHOT?!?” (Chicken & Sausage)
3rd Amy Chachere and Ray Blackmon (Smoked Turkey, Chicken Andouille)
Questions? Email us
Reusable bowls available
Bowls will be for sale this year to cut down on waste. They’re made of bamboo resin with the festival logo and are good for 500 dishwasher cycles. Available for $10 at Festival Merchandise Tent. Proceeds will benefit the Blackpot Camp Scholarship Fund. Thanks for helping us make Blackpot greener!
Gravy (“Sauce”, Grease gravy… “that good stuff they make on thursdays at the plate lunch place”)!
Gumbo ( gumbo is gumbo and not a gravy you should know what this is)!
Dessert (pie, cobbler, cinnamon rolls, sweet sweet goodness etc.)(cooked in cast iron)!
Entry Fee is $50 (per dish entered)
Each entry fee includes 2 wristbands for the festival for Saturday only. Additional team members (up to 4) can be added for $25 each if you register before deadline.
If you are entering multiple dishes, please fill out a separate form for each dish.
To advertise/use your business or civic organization name, fees are as follows:
Civic Organization – $75 (includes 3 wristbands)
Business – $100 (includes 4 wristbands)
Entry forms, payments & deadlines
Entry deadline: Oct 22 (to avoid late fee).
Payments: Send Check or Money Order (payable to Blackpot Festival) and completed entry form to:
Black Pot Cook-Off
CO: Blake Miller
114 Van Buren St
Breaux Bridge, LA 70517
Late fee: Participants are subject to a $20 fee if their entry fee is collected on the day of the cook off.
Day-of-festival entries: Walk-up entries welcome until Noon on Saturday
1. Main Dish cooked in Cast Iron vessel – No open fires (gas, coals OK)
2. 10’X10′ canopy allowed per entry
3. All contestants must have fire extinguisher on site.
4. Participants are encouraged, but NOT REQUIRED to prepare enough food to allow festival goers to taste, within reason. (we do not provide bowls and utensils for tasting) *don’t prepare more than you are comfortable with for your recipe’s best taste; there is no minimum amount required for tasting
5. Tasting is on a first come first serve basis and participant may stop providing samples at their discretion in order to have enough food for judges tasting.
6. Cooking time will be from 12 Noon until 5pm on Saturday.
7. Dishes MUST be ready for pick up in by 5pm.
8. Winners announced 6pm (subject to change) between Saturday evening’s main stage performances
1st place in each category – $150 and plaque
2nd place in each category – $75 and plaque
3rd place in each category – $50